Program Chair: Nadine Brooks, DNP, MSN, RN, CCRN, CNML
Available in the Online Program.
The Online RN to BSN degree targets students who have completed an ADN degree and hold an unencumbered Registered Nurse license. It is designed to provide students with the leadership skills that are essential for a successful career in the healthcare environment. Our program provides a strong foundation in the theory of nursing and the critical thinking and communication skills necessary to advance in the profession and/or pursue graduate studies in nursing. In addition to pursuing leadership and management roles, a BSN will also give students the ability to pursue advanced practice degrees in more specialized fields.
Mission: The mission of the nursing program at Columbia College is to prepare nurses to become competent leaders in their professional nursing practices. The nursing program embraces the core values of social justice and service to educate nurses that will provide compassionate and culturally sensitive care to improve the health and wellness of the diverse community that Columbia College exists within.
The RN to BSN Program at Columbia College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. All advanced Nursing courses are taught by experienced nurses and healthcare professionals.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to understand the principles, standards, practices related to nursing practice.
- Students will understand the human, ethical, and cultural dimensions of nursing leadership and management.
- Students will be able to apply planning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to a range of nursing issues.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Students will understand the management functions within a healthcare organization and the leadership strategies useful to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.